Sunday, April 16, 2023

icky


 Today has been one long dark storm. The sort that zaps all energy and throws you right back to bed for a nap after a nap. Darkness, cold temperature and very very wet. No sir, I don't like it!

In the front yard I thought I saw a strange weed that looked like something from the ocean, I brought it in.

The wind must have taken this thing from the neighbor girls - though it did smell suspiciously like dog or raccoon. I brought it in and washed it- still looks wild and weird but that is just the nature of this object I guess. If the little girls do not claim it I will give it to the orphans.


For the last two minutes of the so called daylight, this light occurred, and then everything went dark again. We are to have a few more days of this icky weather. I will be minding Flora, the smart baby,  for a few hours this week so that  will improve my soggy attitude. 

Sunday of nothing - I can feel the nothingness to the bone like a life suck. Dennis managed to get out and walk around the lake in the rain and mud. He said that since he has not walked around the lake for a good long while that- pretty sure -the lake has expanded and the path around it has lengthened. And I am  sure that this day had way more hours in it than any other. Shite day. Saving money on sunscreen, that is for sure. That black thing is a large ship in the bay- the trees look  spooky. ick.




15 comments:

  1. Great word. Ick. Sorry about a day long of ick. But something about silver linings, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. silver lining is probably that I am still alive- at least alive enough to complain!

      Delete
  2. That doll swam there, maybe.
    We had drizzling snow and wind all day--also kinda icky. Was relieved to wake up to sunshine, thought here's still a little snow on the ground!!! GO AWAY SNOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled the doll, some sort of sparkle princess and fairly useless. Because of the wild odor and shaken- about-ness of her I think that raccoons brought her over here. A gift?
      Snow has no reason to continue, it is nearly May but I do remember , living in Wyoming that the snow did stick around until July...

      Delete
  3. Yes, ICK! Your photos remind me of why we left Port Townsend. We spent four years there, and I just couldn't take the persistent bleak wet grey darkness anymore. I hope the sun returns soon there, and that you and Flora get to go out and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darkness, the clammy damp and cold is enough reason to shift !

      Delete
  4. And that weather is why we left Seattle when we retired......

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hair does the same as that doll when it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted hair that would do just that - frizzy stick out hair, I love it!

      Delete
  6. That doll looks like the main character from the movie Tangled. My hair looks similar if I let it dry loose after shampooing, so I always tie it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Untie your hair and let it fly!! Freedom, girl!!

      Delete
  7. icky day indeed. rainy days always find me on the couch with a book or a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So dark, so cold , so wet...reading a book is the only thing to do , you are right!

      Delete
  8. If it's any consolation (and I doubt it is) we're having the same weather. I fear our blossoms will all drop before I get a single photo...

    ReplyDelete