The mystery of the ratty haired doll has been solved. The little neighbor girls and their Dad have made a "fountain" from the other neighbor Steve's bird bath squirt-er thing. Steve supplied the fountain and the water hook up and some of the toys that call it home. The doll came from Steve. The raccoons love this little fountain as well, they kidnapped the princess , took her as their own, decided that she was too demanding and did not taste good - that is why I found her in the yard.
The little girls decided, to make sure that that did not happen again, put her high up in a tree with a giraffe to protect her, to everyone's relief.
I am not sure what may be living or dying in the so called squirrel house. It is likely full of bones and not particularly welcoming. Flickers started to make a nest in our roof again, but the damned starlings gave them the boot and now are being the bosses of the world, as they do.
The hole up in the roof needs to be blocked off- Dennis is forbidden to climb tall ladders over concrete, due to blood thinners and gravity. I am too inept to do that task, so OK, starlings , you creepy little rat birds, you can have it. We will deal with it after your little delinquents have hatched and are flying.
One of my newly found college mates sent some photos of us spending days by the river when we were 18-19 years old. We did have a great time, there was beer involved I am sure. We were always together like one unit!
The harsh , constant , brassy sunshine of Wyoming , out in it all day everyday, has done its worst. Pretty sure this thing on my cheek is a cancer and I must go have it dealt with. In order to do that I must make an appointment with my "care provider" doctor, she has retired and there is no one with any room for new patients or the time for the patients that they do have. I only need a referral to a skin guy- but have to go through a load of nonsense to get there. If I wanted to pay out of pocket without insurance involved I could probably do that...I thought...but NO, you must have a referral- Got you by the short curlies this so-called "health care" system.
Little wonder why this country is so cranky.
Here we are frying in the sun....no regrets, until now.
The medical shite up here is aggravating at best. As an example, Kim's renter who rents her cottage by Kim's house, went to the ER for lung issue and a mysterious swelling of arm and leg, Put on antibiotics and shifted to intensive care, unable to speak or walk or anything that resembles life- they are dealing with her lung infection but are mystified by the crazy swelling...Stabilized her lungs and shifted her to HDU. Yesterday, the discharge person told her "You can go home now, we will be discharging you with the IV left in so you can do your own medication." This patient , semi comatose now, lives in a tiny cottage with a bathroom across the garden, wood heat, rather primitive. The girl can not even get up out of bed now, let alone walk or speak. REALLY? This hospital , Saint bloody Joe's, is one of the worst. Anyway , her doctor said, "no". She must stay for a bit longer, she is having some sort of surgical procedure this morning to try to figure out the swelling bit.
Also this patent is young, and fit, a yoga instructor so the negligence of hospital staff is not ageism. I am not sure what it is.
So, stay well y'all. Don't get sick in Bellingham if you can help it.





If you are old enough and on original Medicare, you may not need a referral to a dermatologist. Medicare Advantage has its own unique universe of rules. Call the dermatologist's office and ask if the referral is required. Jim has a dermo dude in Spokane and Tucson and was never referred to either guy. Referrals are just a pain in the butt, sort of a mother may I sort of thing, makes me extremely irritable. Nice looking hyacinth, the ones our neighbor grows are small and sad.
ReplyDeleteI did ask but the Dr's office was not particular helpful. Sympathetic and agreeing that is is so dumb but , not helpful.
DeleteYikes, that hospital does sound very harsh. Glad she is getting more care.
ReplyDeleteIt is not a great hospital for sure, and it is catholic which makes its limitations even more! Just take me to Seattle if I get hit by a bus!
DeleteThe medical industrial complex makes me sick. Good for her doc, keeping her in but that's scary. I was trying to get into my PC for what I think is sinus infection (and full ear tubes) and can get in on May 15. I made the appointment but may end up at urgent care. Or ask one of my other docs. I love hyacinths and have them in my indoor bulb garden. There's a possibility that my sinuses will clear when the hyacinths die...
ReplyDeleteNo such thing as health CARE. I hope that you get in sooner than May 15th! If you are alergic to hyacinths get them the hell out of the house. Paint a picture of them instead!!
DeleteHealth care is just a total mess these days. I worry so much about getting sick and really needing good medical support and assistance. I'm glad your friend has a thoughtful doc who helped her stay at the hospital. The beauty of your hyacinths is the best balance to the insanity of these times.
ReplyDeleteAND their fragrance is stunning! Would be nice if they lasted longer.
DeleteAll my urgent appointments are a month or more away. Especially the two to check the efficiency of my pacemaker and teach me how to live with it. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteWOW Joanne that is totally WTF! Doctors appointments are so far into the future- maybe they are hoping that every one dies waiting?
DeleteShe can barely move so "you can go home now" is suggested?That's so completely nuts! I hope your cheek is okay and seen to quickly.
ReplyDeleteRIGHT? The hospital here seems like a patch up and get out place. because it is. Probably short staffed especially after covid burn out.
DeleteYour fentanyl sammich plan seems more logical every day.
ReplyDeleteBut look at your fun group back in sunny WY!
I also took in much more UV rays at a young age than I should've. I hope our cheek thing chills out.
I do like a good sammich!
DeleteGlad your hyacinths can survive the critters. Fun to see the decorations around the fountain. As for skin cancer and any other kind...nobody told us. Get tanned look healthy, smoke, breathe in the filthy air or just live. Somehow it can still get you. Get that spot checked out and keep the old man off the roof. ;-D
ReplyDeleteYes, Man on rood is bad idea! Even changing a tall light bulb, anything that gravity can make worse!I am sure you were a crispy child too, in the sun outdoors all day, fair complexion is a curse and a blessing. As for cancer,you are a pro! It does not discriminate obviously. You are a champion.
DeleteWhat a lovely photo! My husband is currently paying for all the years he spent baking in the sun (he's got very fair skin) and has another checkup with the dermatologist next week, which he's dreaded. Every time he goes they seem to find something new that needs to be cut off his face or head! :( I totally get your frustration with the waiting and the whole referral process rigamarole.
ReplyDeleteNow the girlettes are wanting "dots on our cheeks" and "medical procedures". They are no respecter of persons.
ReplyDeleteA friend had to have her nose cancer scooped out with a melon ball-scoop. (Well, almost.) Anyway, she's A-okay--seems quite common with those of us who lubed up and lay in the backyard with solar reflectors aiming rays AT OUR SKIN.
Love ya!
--Fresca
beautiful hyacinths. I don't grow them though short and stubby as they are down here.
ReplyDeleteyou may think the healthcare system/doctors here are bad but I don't know anyone who has experienced being told they are being booted out while semi-comatose and with IV to administer their own meds! wtf!
I'm glad my PC doc is young, already had one retire on me. I don't need to see her when I need a referral, just use the patient portal or call and request one.